Online (SMART) Application for Income Taxation Certificate
Starting on February 1, 2023, Ginowan City will be accepting online applications for the issuance of the Income Taxation Certificate (shotoku kazei shomeisho).
The certificate will be mailed directly to the applicant's address.
An application can be made 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Contrary to applying for an income taxation certificate through a convenience store where they can only issue that most recent certificate, by applying online, you can request certificates from up to the past 6 fiscal years (including the most recent fiscal year).
Fiscal years covered
Up to the past six fiscal years (including the most recent year)
Certificates for the most recent year can only be issued after June.
Certificates are 300 yen per copy.
What is the Income Taxation Certificate (shotoku kazei shomeisho)?
It is a certificate that shows income and taxation for the year previous (January-December).
*In Ginowan City, the income certificate (shotoku shomeisho) and taxation certificate (kazei shomeisho) is combined into one certificate (shotoku kazei shomeisho).
*"Resident tax-exempt" will be printed in the reference section of the certificate of resident tax-exempt households.
2. Items required to complete the online application
- My Number Card
- Must be equipped with the electronic functions. The applicant will be required to enter the 6-16 digit password.
- My Number Cards that have not been updated with the most recent address or other personal information will be rejected. Please update the information on the card before proceeding to use the online application system.
- Credit card
- VISA, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, Diners Club
- NFC-enabled mobile device (see link below for a list of phones with this function)
- Applicants must have Graffer Electronic Signature App downloaded onto their smartphone
3. Application process
- Access the online application form
- Download the Graffer Electronic Signature App onto your smartphone
- Fill out the necessary fields on the form
- Open the Graffer app and scan your My Number Card
- Confirm the information you entered before proceeding to checkout
- Ginowan City Tax Affairs Division will process your application and mail your certificate to your registered address. If your certificate cannot be issued, Ginowan City will contact you by the phone number or email address that you provided on the form
For a complete guide, please see the original Japanese page here.
4. Please be advised
|Please use an NFC-enabled device to complete the online application. It is possible to complete the online application form using a laptop or computer, but an NFC-enabled device is still required.
|The online application can only be completed by the My Number Card holder. The online application cannot be completed by an agent, third party, tax agent or heir.
|Applicants can request up to three certificates per application. If you require more than three certificates, please submit a second application.
|If there are no issues with the application form, the city will mail out the certificates in about 3 days. Applicants can expect to receive their certificates 3-7 days after submission. Applications will be not processed over weekends, holidays and the year-end holiday period. Please expect delays. If there are any issues with the application, the city office will contact you by the phone number or email address that you provide on the form.
|Shipping (standard mail only) is 84 yen. This amount will be added to your total to be paid by credit card. The city office will not take any responsibility be lost or misdelivered mail, and will neither reissue or redeliver any lost certificates.
|If your name, address or date of birth on the confirmation page differs from the information in our system, the city office will not be able to confirm your identity and therefore your application will be rescinded. A refund will be issued and you will receive an email notifying you of the cancellation.
|A receipt will not be issued. You can confirm the contents of your application under "支払い情報" ("payment information").
5. Related pages
This page is a translation of the original Japanese webpage created and managed by the Tax Affairs Division. This English translation was created in the hopes of helping residents who may have trouble reading or understanding Japanese. Ginowan City and its translator will individually or jointly take accept no responsibility or liability for damage or loss caused by any error, inaccuracy, misunderstanding, or changes in regard to these translations. Administrative services are provided in Japanese only, unless otherwise stated.
For inquiries, please contact the Tax Affairs Division at 098-893-4143.