Ginowan City COVID-19 Vaccination Schedule and Information
Ginowan City Vaccine Passport (for People Travelling Abroad)
For the most up-to-date news on COVID-19 and vaccines, follow our English Facebook page!
FY2024 Spring Immunization
May 8 - August 31, 2023
Who is eligible?
The following individuals who have completed the primary series (1st and 2nd dose):
- the elderly (ages 65+)
- those with preexisting medical conditions (ages 5-64)
- health workers
Residents must wait 3 months after they receive their 2nd dose to be vaccinated with the next dose. The FY2022 immunization program is now closed. Residents ages 12-64 who do not have any preexisting medical conditions and who did not receive a bivalent vaccine targeting the Omicron strain but wish to be administered the booster must do so before May 7, 2023. Children ages 5-11 have until August 2023 to get vaccinated.
Where to get vaccinated
- Ginowan Municipal Gymnasium (mass vaccination centre) ← opened at the end of May
- Immunization clinics
Appointment is required.
Please make an appointment by contacting the immunization clinic directly or calling the Ginowan City Call Centre.
Pfizer bivalent vaccine effective against the Omicron strain
The vaccination vouchers will be mailed to the eligible residents below beginning in April 2023.
- the elderly (ages 65)
- Voucher will be mailed to eligible residents 3 months after their most recent shot
- residents ages 5-64 with a preexisting medical condition
- Those who have submitted an application for a voucher for the previous doses will have their newest voucher mailed to them 3 months after their most recent shot.
If you are moving into Ginowan City from another town/city
Vaccination records are not shared between municipalities. If you are eligible but still have not received your vaccination voucher, please contact the Ginowan City Health Consultation Centre at 098-898-5583 or in person at 1-13-15 Maehara.